Comprehensive practitioners training for adult sensory processing
Be part of a new revolution in healthcare and workplace productivity!
Standard Price in ZAR ±R22000 dependant on the exchange rate.
What you'll get:
- An in-depth understanding of adult/adolescent sensory processing and the neuroscience behind it;
- Insight into the Sensory Matrix™ assessment and use thereof to help yourself and your clients towards greater self-acceptance and self-regulation;
- Upskilled in assisting people in realizing how to improve the quality of their own life, home, work and relationships;
- The most recent and updated research and development of sensory processing for adolescents and adults;
- Expand and improve your service offering as a healthcare provider/coach;
- A staff development- and training methodology for organizations interested in investing in their employee’s mental health, wellbeing and productivity.
- 30 CPD points, accredited through the University of Stellenbosch
- 20 CCE units Core Competencies, accredited through ICF, and 16 Resource Development hours
The course is a 13-module, 120 minutes Zoom session, online course running from 11 April 2023 to 25 May 2023. That is 26 hours of live, interactive training.
There will be two time slots available:
- 9.00-11.00 AM SAST, South African Standard Time, UTC+2.00,
- or 3.00-5.00 PM SAST, South African Standard Time, UTC+2.00.
The slot you choose will apply to all 12 modules.
The learning modules are:
- Introduction to Sensory Intelligence® – 11 April 2023
- Theory and constructs of sensory processing – 13 April 2023
- Neuroscience, pathways and sensory connections – 18 April 2023
- Research and scientific data in adult sensory processing – 20 April 2023
- Sensory assessments for adults – 25 April 2023
- Your Sensory Matrix™: Part 1 Sensory systems – 2 May 2023
- Your Sensory Matrix™: Part 2 Total scores – 4 May 2023
- Sensory audits™ and the environment – 9 May 2023
- Sensory overload, stress and arousal – 11 May 2023
- Intervention models, mental health frameworks and solutions – 16 May 2023
- Sensory Matrix™ for clients and case studies – 18 May 2023
- Implementation and the way forward – 23 May 2023
- Bonus session Q&A's – 25 May 2023
You are required to add your profession, registration body and number when you sign up. This is a requirement to enter the course. If you need more information or require entry without this, please contact me: [email protected]
What People Are Saying:
I cannot praise this course enough. It was the most amazing, interesting and enlightening experience. Just what I need as I am a drained and cynical OT. This has given me a new zest for OT/Coaching. I have signed up as a license holder and think the Matrix is a sensational tool.
This has been an amazing course. Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn and to grow. It has been such a wonderful learning experience, just putting everything into context again, opening up new ways of thinking and to be able to have sound clinical reasoning and the research to back it up. There was a few light-bulb moments after the course finished, especially regarding the diagnosis of ADHD, with children and adults, and how I can structure and change our environment as a family to make it easier for everyone and myself. This will be a good exercise to be able to help other families.
Dear Annemarie & Marieta Just a very heartfelt thank you an amazing course. The outstanding content and learning involved, challenging thoughts and actions combined with warmth, care and building community! Your understanding and kindness towards me has been a true blessing. Kindest wishes and I hope to stay in touch and continue the journey as a licenced practitioner.
This has been such a great experience. Doing the course over these few weeks has given me time to really think about the strategies and let the info sink in. Using this format of course presentation definitely works! Well done Annemarie and Marieta. Love you guys!
This was a well organised and thorough course, which provided me with evidence based insight into Sensory Processing and Modulation. Well worth the time and cost.
Really interesting course that I can definitely see application within my workplace. The senses impact and alter everything that we do and everything that we do alters or impacts our senses. This is core to activity analysis, sleep hygiene and I am not sure how we managed to do these things before doing this course. Can all OTs do this course please!
The Comprehensive Practitioners Training for Adult Sensory Processing was extremely well managed and there was always room for adding new interesting information. My senses have been stimulated and I have a refreshed perspective and approach for managing my own clients. I can definitely recommend this for a therapist's toolkit.
Thank you so much for a wonderful course and incredible content. I have gained so many insights into myself, team and husband. Already we have used strategies for sensory regulation to decrease stress and increase productivity. I can't wait to continue to utilise the tool!
Brilliant course to attend. Practical ways of applying sensory snacks and diets. I would recommend all occupational therapists working in mental health (or other fields) to attend this course. Well presented. Book immediately to avoid disappointment.
This 3-day course was extremely insightful and so well presented by Annemarie. I liked how interactive and practical it was. I will now be able to understand others better which will empower me to read and treat patients more effectively. Anyone can benefit from this course, not only therapists. Highly recommended!
Thank you so much for the time and effort that you guys put in; not only to provide the course but in setting it up, and responding to each and every comment. I love it when I see such professional behaviour from colleagues. I really liked the 12 – module on-line format and I honestly believe that I would never have derived as much benefit from a 3-day intensive course.
I already had a good understanding of both sensory modulation and neurosciences, having studied both postgrad. However, this course brought the material alive for me and made it deeply personal, so that I will never forget it. Greater insight and understanding of oneself is an incredible gift and Annemarie facilitated this excellently. I suffer from extreme anxiety, insomnia and OCD, and medication and therapy have only helped ease the symptoms, but by making simple and practical changes to my home and work environment, adding sensory snacks and focusing on a sensory diet, I have already seen changes that I have been waiting many months for! Plus, my relationship with my husband and son has been strengthened significantly by seeing them through my ‘sensory intelligence’ glasses, and my husband is happy to be getting more time to play golf! Thank you again for a life-changing course.
WOW WOW!!! What an amazing course – thank you so much for allowing me to be part of the course and the journey! The course has sparked so many things within me that what I initially thought I would use the course for and where I was heading seems to be developing and expanding. I am looking forward to incorporating the Sensory Matrix and all this wisdom into my future endeavours and passions.
I would like to make use of this opportunity to thank both of you (Annemarie and Marieta) for the amazing knowledge and experience that you have shared. It was a wonderful privilege to learn from you and I am excited to engage more with Sensory Intelligence in the future.
I did the Sensory Intelligence Practitioners Course and I can truly say that it changed my life – in lots of small, significant ways, and it changed my perspective – in a big way! It is practical and scientific-based, and it works! Thanks, Annemarie.
I wanted to thank you so much for your time and teaching on the course. I have thoroughly enjoyed all aspects but specifically looking at the research and biological components. I have used different sensory assessments in the past but I LOVE the visual presentation of this assessment but also the background information of how it came to be.