Practitioners Training for Adult Sensory Processing
Professional development to grow your business and elevate your reputation
The Early Bird offer ends 31 January, pay $999 instead of $1299
Get your 23% discount and join the Sensory Intelligence® professional network to elevate yourself and your career. You also earn CPD/CPUs.Sign up now
Please note: We work with a global audience across time zones meaning time displays might not match your time exactly.
Join our learning revolution in mental health and workplace productivity
The increased mental health burden is significantly impacting the quality of work and life for people around the globe. People need support now more than ever and we all need to be part of the solution!
We developed methodology, assessments, tools and strategies that can easily and effortlessly be implemented for people requesting help from a therapist, coach or consultant.
An online, blended learning journey about the theory, science, research and application of adult sensory processing. Expand your professional toolbox towards higher success rates with your clients.
Welcome and Introduction
Listen to a short introduction by Dr Annemarie Lombard, Founder & CEO of Sensory Intelligence® Consulting. She is an undisputed thought leader, researcher, author and subject expert on sensory neuroscience for the adult population.
This course was introduced in 2012 and hundreds of people have benefitted from the learning.
Who should do this course?
- Healthcare professionals (Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Social workers, Physiotherapists, etc.)
- Wellness, Lifestyle- and Executive Coaches interested in expanding their service offering
- Healthcare professionals working with adolescents and adults in the sensory integration- and mental health industries
- Architects, Workplace Designers or Workspace Specialists who want to have access to innovative and new methods for workplace wellness
- HR, Training- and/or Organisational Development Practitioners who would be interested in incorporating Sensory Intelligence® as a program in their organisations
- Any person (with the above credentials) who wishes to join our
team of licensed users
Why should you do this course?
- Acquire and develop an in-depth understanding of sensory processing and assessments and how it can be used to improve the quality of life, home, work and relationships for adolescents and adults.
- Understand complex sensory neuroscience concepts in a more practical and easy-to-use format.
- Learn more about yourself and your own sensory wiring and take your personal development to the next level - this will enable you to implement with clients easily.
- Expand your service offering as a healthcare specialist in utilising sensory insights and strategies to fast-track therapy for adults in mental health, workplace productivity and/or educational settings. Sensory Intelligence® can successfully be integrated into the treatment of adolescents and adults with ADHD, Asperger syndrome, anxiety, depression, bipolar- and/or stress-related disorders, trauma, Alzheimers and Dementia.
- Expand your service offering as a coach and/or wellness practitioner to achieve results faster and efficiently to reduce stress, increase energy and resilience while improving performance in both lifestyle- and executive coaching.
- Be on the forefront of innovation and new workplace practises as an architect, designer or workspace consultant to create spaces for end-user comfort.
- Build resilience for your clients while improving performance in both lifestyle- and executive coaching.
- Be the employer of choice and align with the new world of work practises to take your employee health and wellbeing to the next level.
- Healthcare workers earn 30 CEU/CPD credits accredited by the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Coaches earn 20 Core Competencies- and 16 Resource Development hours accredited by the ICF (International Coaching Federation).
11 April until 25 May 2023
✔︎ 13 Live Zoom modules of 120 minutes each, every Tuesday and Thursday
✔︎ This is a total of 26 hours of live learning from experts over 6 weeks
✔︎ Unlimited access to our learning management system (LMS) for 65 days, before, during and after the course. You can integrate, retain and solidify each module and continue discussions after the Zoom sessions
✔︎ 30 CPD points / CEU units accredited through the University of Stellenbosch
✔︎ ICF accreditation for 20 Core Competencies & 16 Resource Development hours
To learn scientific, yet easy and effective tools that you can implement immediately to be the therapist/coach/counselor/consultant of choice!Sign up now
All course content has been updated with new concepts, insights and research
All modules will be presented through LIVE Zoom sessions
11 April 2023
*Orientation and introduction to Sensory Intelligence®
13 April 2023
*Theory and constructs of sensory processing
*Research and science
18 April 2023
*The human brain
*Neuroscience systems, pathways and sensory connections
20 April 2023
*Sensory self-assessments for adults
*Sensory audit™ for the environment
25 April 2023
*Your Sensory Matrix™
*Part 1 - Sensory systems
2 May 2023
*Your Sensory Matrix™
*Part 2 - Total scores
4 May 2023
*Intervention frameworks for Mental Health, Relationships and Workplace Productivity
9 May 2023
*Mental health and wellbeing
*Sensory overload, stress and arousal
11 May 2023
*Relationships conflict and harmony based on different sensory thresholds
16 May 2023
*Workplace productivity and goodness-of-fit
18 May 2023
*Sensory Matrix™ for clients - application and case studies
23 May 2023
*Implementation, next steps and the way forward
25 May 2023
Bonus session Q&A's
Participants have the option of attending either the morning- or afternoon time slot. The option you choose will be your time slot for the duration of the course:
9.00-11.00 AM CAT/EET Time, UTC +02:00
3.00-5.00 PM CAT/EET Time, UTC +02:00
This is what people are saying about the course:
"I have spent much of my life wondering why I did not experience the world the same as so many around me... and I finally found the
answer in understanding my Sensory Matrix™. And it is liberating! This is an essential tool for self-management and for anybody that seeks to understand more about human behaviour! Thank you for sharing your knowledge so freely!"
"I attended the Sensory Intelligence® 3-day course in Derby, UK and haven't stopped talking and thinking about it since. I have previously attended other courses on sensory approaches, but this one has made a significant impact! I have never been so inspired, invigorated, interested and intrigued after a course! It has completely altered the way I perceive myself, my colleagues, my patients and our environments. I highly recommend this course."
“I attended the Sensory Intelligence® Practitioner’s course last week after two friends had recommended it to me and it was absolutely fantastic. I learnt so much about myself, how to understand the clients I work with; and by the end of it, I felt equipped with a range of strategies that I can use in my everyday practice. It was a privilege to learn from Dr Annemarie Lombard, an expert in this field. The course left me feeling very inspired, and excited about my career as an OT. Highly recommend this course to anyone!”
- We are professionals with over 50 years of collective experience, research and practise in mental health and occupational therapy.
- Our work is based on neuroscience and research, yet it is simple and easy to implement.
- Annemarie applies her mission to take the highly complex sensory integration/sensory processing theories and make them easy, accessible, and practical.
- We focus on the environment and the 7 senses - and how they influence attention, emotion and behaviour.
- We have a life-long-learning mindset and while we know more than most people 🧑🏼🎓 we daily continue to learn more ourselves!
- We like having fun and ensure we do that in our learning journeys too!
- Our 3 values are:
- Simplicity - we keep things simple
- Innovation - we hate the proverbial box
- ComPASSION - we are absolutely passionate about what we do and the "therapist" in us makes us hugely compassionate. We understand human beings!
Dr Annemarie Lombard
Annemarie is the thought leader, founder and CEO of Sensory Intelligence® Consulting, a sensory processing subject expert and the author of “Sensory Intelligence: Why It Matters More Than IQ and EQ”, published by Metz Press, 2007. She has a PhD in Occupational Therapy, acquired through the University of Cape Town in 2012. Dr Lombard has over 33 years of national and international experience in people development and learning and practised as an occupational therapist for 15 years dealing with children with special needs, learning and attention difficulties. She is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. She is married to Eugene and has two boys, Lukas and Henrick. She lives in Cape Town, South Africa.
Marieta du Toit
Marieta is a registered and qualified occupational therapist working as a co-facilitator and online coach for Sensory Intelligence® Consulting. She has over 20 years of experience working as a practitioner in sensory processing, learning, development, mental health and well-being. Marieta has done various CPD (continuing professional development) courses in supportive intervention and counselling for people with stress and well-being needs. She is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. She is married to Barry and lives in George, South Africa.