Reduce digital fatigue
Critical survival skills for the new world of work
You are working longer hours and spending more time behind your pc than ever before... resulting in digital fatigue.
Sensory intelligence® is embedded in human behaviour, brain science and the senses. Our assessments and training will provide you with personal insights and practical solutions.
We will show you how COVID-19 and resulted business adaptations changed the work-life game and what to do about it.
7 Tips to reduce digital fatigue
Join our online workshop to learn easy, scientific and effective tools that you can implement immediately!
This workshop forms part of a series we designed when COVID-19 hit in 2020. The world of work changed and we all had to adapt very quickly. Due to popular demand, we converted our live Zoom workshop into an online, self-directed learning version to help more people.
Listen to a short introduction by Dr Annemarie Lombard, Founder & CEO of Sensory Intelligence® Consulting. She is an undisputed thought leader, researcher, author and subject expert on sensory neuroscience. She and her professional team have been working diligently since 2002 to help individuals and organisations, just like you, be healthy, happy and productive.
This course is for you if
- You are now working from home most of the time...
- You are stuck behind your computer screen and spending a lot more hours sitting...
- You are working much harder than before...
- You don't have the variation (commute, getting up, joining meetings, going to different work areas, etc.) of a typical office job anymore...
- Your activity throughout the day is mostly between your bed, your kitchen, your bathroom and your desk - your working world literally "shrunk" to the size of your computer screen...
- Your activity and movement are restricted - having been through various versions of lockdown and isolation...
- You are tired and exhausted...
- You are struggling to balance the new work-life norm...
Do you have digital fatigue?
Some of the signs are:
*Sore or watery eyes
*Struggling to focus
*Loss of energy
*Constantly feeling tired and/or sluggish
*Sore, stiff and/or aching muscles
*Irritability and moodiness
*Difficulty to sleep at night
*Drowsy throughout the day
*Lack of motivationSign up now
This is what you will learn in this course
- Understand the difference between home working, remote working and digital working
- Sensory overload and sensory deprivation - how lockdown and COVID-19 fundamentally changed business practises and our daily brain patterns
- Save your eyes - how to maximise the visual sense
- Save your ears - how to maximise the auditory sense
- Movement and touch breaks to self-regulate - it is easier than you think
- Get scheduling and time management right
- An introduction to your personal sensory style and how you are responding to digital fatigue in a unique way. Some of us are more suited to work from home than others. Some of our senses can help with digital fatigue while others can cause it. This will explain why.
This is how you will benefit from this course
- Be less tired, have more energy and be more focused
- Get your work done easier and faster
- Manage your digital resources best and reduce unnecessary distractions
- Manage your time better
- Reduce your stress and digital overload and avoid burnout
- You will learn easy and effective tools, based on the brain and 7 senses, that can be implemented immediately
- It will boost your energy and focus for ongoing resilience and productivity
- It will help you stay healthy, productive and happy and improve your mental health
We've helped thousands of clients be more empowered, healthier and productive. So can you!
Mary Anne Constable
"This workshop was very eye-opening for me in terms of helping me think through how my mental/emotional state relates to my senses. I have worked from home for many years and feel that getting to grips with some of these issues might really help me to improve my structure and focus. Thank you so much for an informative workshop."
"A valuable workshop with practical neuroscience-based guidelines on optimising remote work and online engagement. Insights are immediately applicable and I’ve already got value from this workshop! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge during COVID-19."
"This was not the first of this type of session I have attended but by far the best one. You have a manner of connecting with your audience and your and Marieta’s combined strengths in managing the session are very evident in the regular mini survey’s, with very relevant questions, really help to increase the attention and focus. You also talk to people in a more personal manner by relating things to their own lives, digital – and muting everyone – in a way makes it feel a bit like having a personal one-on-one session with you. It has inspired me to actually want to follow through on some of the advice given because you spoke to me."
Some of our corporate clients:
Our clients asked us to help them deal with digital fatigue and wellness risks since the outbreak of the pandemic. Their investment helped employees be more successful, productive and healthy.
- We offer simplistic solutions - life is hard enough
- We are innovative and think outside the box - our information is new and revolutionary!
- We are professionals with 50 years of collective experience, research and practice in mental health and occupational therapy
- Our work is based on neuroscience and research, yet simple and easy to implement
- We focus on the environment and the 7 senses and how they influence your attention, emotion and behaviour - no one else does
- We practise what we preach and have been working remotely since 2012. We don't know it all, but I promise you, we know a heck of a lot and more than most people 👩🏼🎓... and we have fun while doing it!
- Following our strategies will improve your daily focus, energy, productivity and resilience
- Our core 3 values are:
- Simplicity - we keep things simple
- Innovation - we hate the proverbial box
- ComPassion - we are absolutely passionate about what we do and the "therapist" in us makes us hugely compassionate. We understand human beings!
Dr Annemarie Lombard
Annemarie is the thought leader, founder and CEO of Sensory Intelligence® Consulting, a sensory processing subject expert and the author of “Sensory Intelligence: Why It Matters More Than IQ and EQ”, published by Metz Press, 2007. She has a PhD in Occupational Therapy, acquired through the University of Cape Town in 2012. Dr Lombard has 32 years of national and international experience in people development and learning and practised as an occupational therapist for 15 years dealing with children with special needs, learning and attention difficulties. She is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. She is married to Eugene and has two boys, Lukas and Henrick. She lives in Cape Town, South Africa.
Ready to invest in yourself?
We are moving into a knowledge economy where you need to educate and empower yourself for success. We are looking forward to showing you how in easy, simple steps.