Comprehensive Practitioners Training for Adult Sensory Processing
Join our learning revolution in mental health and workplace productivity
The increased mental health burden is significantly impacting the quality of work and life for people around the globe. We need to be part of the solution!
We developed assessments, tools, systems and strategies that can easily and effortlessly be implemented for people requesting help from a therapist, coach or consultant.
Learn the theory, science, research and application of adult sensory processing to expand your work toolbox towards higher success rates with your clients.
Be the preferred service provider:
Join our online blended learning journey:
👀 12 Live Zoom modules of 120 minutes each
👀 This is a total of 24 hours of live learning from experts
👀 Unlimited access to our learning management system (LMS) for 65 days, before, during and after the course. You can integrate, retain and solidify each module and continue discussions after the zoom sessions
👀 30 CPD points / CEU units accredited through the University of Stellenbosch
👀 ICF accreditation for 20 Core Competencies- and 16 Resource Development hours
👀 8 September until 18 October 2022
👀 Two time slots to choose from:
9.00-11.00 AM SAST, UTC +02:00 OR 3.00-5.00 PM SAST, UTC +02:00
To learn scientific, yet easy and effective tools that you can implement immediately to be the therapist/coach/counselor/consultant of choice!Sign up now
Welcome and Introduction
Listen to a short introduction by Dr Annemarie Lombard, Founder & CEO of Sensory Intelligence® Consulting. She is an undisputed thought leader, researcher, author and subject expert on sensory neuroscience for the adult population. This course was introduced in 2012 and hundreds of people have benefitted from the learning.
Who should do this course?
- Healthcare professionals (Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Social workers, Physiotherapists, etc.)
- Healthcare professionals working with adolescents and adults in the sensory integration- and mental health industries
- Lifestyle- and Executive Coaches interested in expanding their service offering
- Architects, workplace designers or workspace specialists who want to have access to innovative and new methods for workplace wellness
- HR, Training- and/or Organisational Development Practitioners who would be interested in incorporating Sensory Intelligence® as a program in their organisations
- Any person (with the above credentials) who wishes to join our
team of licensed users
Why should you do this course?
- Acquire and develop an in-depth understanding of sensory processing and assessments and how it can be used to improve the quality of life, home, work and relationships for adolescents and adults.
- Understand complex sensory neuroscience concepts in a more practical and easy-to-use format.
- Expand your service offering as a healthcare specialist in utilising sensory insights and strategies to fast-track therapy for adults in mental health, workplace productivity and/or educational settings. Sensory Intelligence® can successfully be integrated into the treatment of adolescents and adults with ADHD, Asperger syndrome, anxiety, depression, bipolar- and/or stress-related disorders, Alzheimers and Dementia.
- Expand your service offering as a coach and/or wellness practitioner to achieve results faster and efficiently to reduce stress, increase energy and resilience while improving performance in both lifestyle- and executive coaching.
- Be on the forefront of innovation and new workplace practises as an architect, designer or workspace consultant to create spaces for end-user comfort.
- Build resilience for your clients while improving performance in both lifestyle- and executive coaching.
- Be the employer of choice and align with the new world of work practises to take your employee health and wellbeing to the next level.
- Healthcare workers earn 30 CEU/CPD credits accredited by the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Coaches earn 20 Core Competencies- and 16 Resource Development hours accredited by the ICF (International Coaching Federation).
Content of the 12 modules
All modules will be presented through LIVE zoom sessions.
Participants have the option of attending either the morning- or afternoon time slot (only 25 participants per time slot & first come, first served basis). The option you choose will be your time slot for the duration of the course:
- 9.00-11.00 AM South African Standard Time, UTC +02:00
- 3.00-5.00 PM South African Standard Time, UTC +02:00
1. Introduction to Sensory Intelligence® 8 September 2022
2. Theory and constructs of sensory processing 13 September 2022
3. Neuroscience, pathways and sensory connections 15 September 2022
4. Research and scientific data in adult sensory processing 20 September 2022
5. Sensory assessments for adults 22 September 2022
6. Your Sensory Matrix™: Part 1 - Sensory systems 27 September 2022
7. Your Sensory Matrix™: Part 2 - Total scores 29 September 2022
8. Sensory Audits™ and the environment 4 October 2022
9. Sensory overload, stress and arousal 6 October 2022
10. Intervention models, mental health frameworks and solutions 11 October 2022
11. Sensory Matrix™ for clients and case studies 13 October 2022
12. Implementation and the way forward 18 October 2022
This is what people are saying about the course:
"I have spent much of my life wondering why I did not experience the world the same as so many around me... and I finally found the
answer in understanding my Sensory Matrix™. And it is liberating! This is an essential tool for self-management and for anybody that seeks to understand more about human behaviour! Thank you for sharing your knowledge so freely!"
"I attended the Sensory Intelligence® 3-day course in Derby, UK and haven't stopped talking and thinking about it since. I have previously attended other courses on sensory approaches, but this one has made a significant impact! I have never been so inspired, invigorated, interested and intrigued after a course! It has completely altered the way I perceive myself, my colleagues, my patients and our environments. I highly recommend this course."
“I attended the Sensory Intelligence® Practitioner’s course last week after two friends had recommended it to me and it was absolutely fantastic. I learnt so much about myself, how to understand the clients I work with; and by the end of it, I felt equipped with a range of strategies that I can use in my everyday practice. It was a privilege to learn from Dr Annemarie Lombard, an expert in this field. The course left me feeling very inspired, and excited about my career as an OT. Highly recommend this course to anyone!”
- We are professionals with over 50 years of collective experience, research and practise in mental health and occupational therapy.
- Our work is based on neuroscience and research, yet it is simple and easy to implement.
- Annemarie's mission has been to take the highly complex sensory integration/sensory processing theories and make it easy, accessible and practical.
- We focus on the environment and the 7 senses - and how they influence attention, emotion and behaviour.
- We have a life-long-learning mindset and while we know more than most people 🧑🏼🎓 we daily continue to learn more ourselves!
- We like having fun and ensure we do that in our learning journeys too!
- Our 3 values are:
- Simplicity - we keep things simple
- Innovation - we hate the proverbial box
- (Com)Passion - we are absolutely passionate about what we do and the "therapist" in us makes us hugely compassionate. We understand human beings!
Dr Annemarie Lombard
Annemarie is the thought leader, founder and CEO of Sensory Intelligence® Consulting, a sensory processing subject expert and the author of “Sensory Intelligence: Why It Matters More Than IQ and EQ”, published by Metz Press, 2007. She has a PhD in Occupational Therapy, acquired through the University of Cape Town in 2012. Dr Lombard has over 32 years of national and international experience in people development and learning and practised as an occupational therapist for 15 years dealing with children with special needs, learning and attention difficulties. She is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. She is married to Eugene and has two boys, Lukas and Henrick. She lives in Cape Town, South Africa.
Marieta du Toit
Marieta is a registered and qualified occupational therapist working as a co-facilitator and online coach for Sensory Intelligence® Consulting. She has over 20 years of experience working as a practitioner in sensory processing, learning, development, mental health and well-being. Marieta has done various CPD (continuing professional development) courses in supportive intervention and counselling for people with stress and well-being needs. She is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. She is married to Barry and lives in George, South Africa.